Tuesday, May 28, 2013

How to...



My 'How-to' video has 2 purposes, to hopefully satisfy the requirements of this assignment and to be usable as a training video at our church. As it turned out this video, the first of a series that will encompass every system in our main room, was to be a training and a sort of emergency how-to but is actually turning out to be closer to thirty minutes in length. The version for class is cut fairly hard to get the length a little closer to 6 minutes but still ended up long. It reinforced the importance of pre-planning every single second of the shoot. I used 3 cameras to shoot this and have found in post that i'm not happy with the camera positions and angles. Didn't think about... More planning required. More in depth. 

But, we had fun doing it. Chauncey, The STAR of the show,(insert really deep narrator voice here) is one of our campus pastors and my brother, the sort with the same last name. We spent 10-12 hours working together on this figuring out exactly what the church needed and the best way to go about it, then how deep do we go? Who is our audience? What do we want out of the final product? Then 5 hours spent moving equipment so we could set up for the shoot, and the realization of what we are getting into in order to make one of these videos for every system in the room.... 

As I said, I used three camcorders, 1 ea. Panasonic, Sony and Cannon, all digital SD's, and a Cannon Powershot for the stills. For audio I used a Country Man E6i, on a Sennheiser EW100 G2 body pack with multiple receivers; with the use of 3 cameras, old cameras, I used the extra receivers to run the audio into all 3 cameras to make syncing them up in post easier. I captured and edited the video with Adobe Premiere Pro 6.


Sony Handycam DCR-VX2100

Panasonic AG-DVX100B

Canon XL2

Canon PowerShot SX100-IS

No comments: